Ulmus minor Argenteo-Variegata (Silver Elm Bonsai)
$50.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery Within 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 23cm.
- The Silver Elm is an impressive shade tree with a graceful open habit.
- It has aesthetic qualities well worth considering for specimen planting in larger parks and gardens, as well as stately avenues in streets where space allows.
- Silver elm is an impressive tree that, despite the threat of elm associated pests and diseases, is deserved of much more use in Australian landscapes than has been the case.
- Silver elm is suitable for use in larger parks, properties and gardens and as a street tree where space permits.
- It can provide a graceful, lighter silvery-grey contrast to otherwise typically green landscapes.
- Does not tend to sucker as profusely as other elm species and varieties.
- Silver Elm is adaptable to a wide range of soil types.
- Prefers slightly fertile, well-drained sandy soils.
- During the growing season the Silver Elm should be fed well.
- It doesn't require very special fertilizer.
- A combination of solid organic fertilizer and a well-balanced liquid chemical product is a good concept.
- When the elm is in a cold place in winter it should not be fed during dormancy.
- Full sun.
- Occasional watering needed.