Begonia Autumn Ember
$42.99 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 32cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- This new hybrid, ‘Autumn Ember’ has taken the begonia world by storm with its brilliant orange leaves.
- This rhizomatous begonia hybrid is a cross between Begonia ‘Marmaduke’ and Begonia ‘Angel Glow.’
- Selected out of a group of seedlings, ‘Autumn Ember’ shows the brightest orange coloring, especially when they are newly emerging as juvenile leaves.
- When grown with other begonias, ‘Autumn Ember’ literally glows in comparison and when seen from afar, the mass of orange leaves catches the attention of all who gaze upon it.
- It prefers light, rich soil.
- When planting directly in the ground, a moist, well-drained location is optimal and mulch will keep the roots shaded.
- Fertilize in the spring when new growth starts to appear.
- Feed them every two weeks with a balanced plant food diluted to ¼ the recommended strength.
- It requires a bright but lightly shaded spot, well away from the direct glare of the sun.
- Water them freely between spring and autumn, allowing the pot to drain well after each watering.
- In winter, reduce watering but do not allow the compost to completely dry out.