Begonia Masoniana (Iron Cross)
$35.51 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 40cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- 30cm for Pot Size 13cm(Ø)
- Begonia masoniana, the iron cross begonia, is a species of plant in the family Begoniaceae, native to southern China and northern Vietnam.
- It was originally described from cultivated plants of unknown origin and was only much later rediscovered in the wild.
- Use light potting soil with extra perlite to promote proper drainage.
- In the garden, grow begonias in sandy loam soil.
- If you have heavy clay soil, grow begonias in raised beds filled with compost and topsoil.
- Begonias thrive on fertilizers that deliver consistent and balanced amounts of nutrients.
- Fertilizers such as 10-10-10 fertilizer contain 10 percent of each of the macronutrients: nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
- The morning sun and a little afternoon shade are perfect.
- Bright, indirect light.
- It also thrives under fluorescent lights.
- The main rule of thumb for watering begonias is to not let the soil dry out completely.
- Stick your finger into the soil, and if it dry to your first knuckle, it's time to water.
- Avoid overwatering, which will cause the foliage to turn yellow and eventually drop.