Assorted Begonia (Japan)
$55.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Begonia maculata, or Polka Dot begonia as it’s often called, is a splashy show-stopper that looks fantastic with it’s olive green leaves and contrasting spots.
- It’s a houseplant that is likely to turn heads in your home, and thankfully it isn’t too difficult to care for.
- The head-turning Begonia maculata is trending now, but it’s been around for a while.
- This angel winged cane begonia is also called a Wightii, Clown, Spotted, or Polka Dot begonia.
- The plant’s exotic look has many moving parts: silver polka dots that seem painted on olive-colored leaves, crimson-colored undersides, and sprays of open bell-like red or white flowers with bright yellow centers on bamboo-looking knotty stems.
- If you’re looking for something unusual that attracts attention, this over-the-top begonia is a great choice.
- A light houseplant potting mix is ideal.
- Add perlite if drainage is insufficient.
- Balanced, water-soluble fertilizer applied every 2-4 weeks when the plant is actively growing.
- Bright, indirect light.
- Higher light levels will promote strong growth and blooms, but avoid direct sunlight.
- Keep the soil generally moist, letting the top half inch of soil dry out between watering.
- Will not tolerate soggy soil.