Begoniacea Rex King's Spirit
$40.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- This superb foliage plant is perfect for bringing a bright splash of colour to your home.
- The colourful leaves of Begonia rex 'King's Spirit' are individually patterned in silver and moss-green, which contrast sharply with the maroon red stems and veins.
- This striking house plant is perfect for a lightly shaded spot, where it will create a fabulous focal point.
- Despite its exotic appearance this Begonia rex hybrid is surprisingly easy to grow.
- Rex begonias prefer light, rich soil.
- When planting directly in the ground, a moist, well-drained location is optimal and mulch will keep the roots shaded.
- In pots, be sure to provide drainage holes.
- A peat-based potting mix is ideal for containers.
- Fertilize in the spring when new growth starts to appear.
- Feed a Begonia Rex every two weeks with a balanced plant food diluted to ¼ the recommended strength.
- Feed less in the fall and and not at all in the winter.
- Begonia rex requires a bright but lightly shaded spot, well away from the direct glare of the sun.
- Water Begonia rex plants freely between spring and autumn, allowing the pot to drain well after each watering.
- In winter, reduce watering but do not allow the compost to completely dry out.