Alocasia Antoro Velvet
$91.59 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 15cm
- Wonderfully textured, only known Alocasia with conspicuously pubescent (hairy) foliage.
- Alocasia 'Antoro velvet' is a tuberous, herbaceous species.
- Most likely native to the tropics of Borneo.
- Very showy foliage.
- The leaves are heart to arrowhead-shaped, pubescent (hairy or fuzzy) dark green when juvenile to almost black when mature, each held singly atop long and sturdy succulent stems.
- The name Antoro velvet comes from the name of the collector who found this plant.
- Genus name comes from the Greek words a meaning without and Colocasia the name of a closely allied genus, from which it was separated.
- It thrives in loose, porous, well-drained soils and can be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- One part coarse potting sand or perlite, one part peat, and part soil are used to make the potting soil.
- Feed the plant every two or three weeks with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer such as a 10-10-10 formula, diluted at a rate of 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water.
- Protect it from too much sun (which could scorch its leaves) on hot summer days and, by moving the container into a partially shaded area, such as under tall trees.
- Keep an indoor-grown plant in a spot that gets filtered light, such as near a lightly curtained south- or west-facing window.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.