Alocasia Yucatan Princess 'Black Jade'
Limited special offer
$24.86 $44.86 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 38-40cm
- A one of a kind new tropical, Yucatan Princess will cause you to take a second look at her incredibly glossy, patent leather-like leaves held high on strong, sturdy, stems.
- Each leaf unfurls to reveal a calm, cool grayish-green surface and an underside the color of a tall glass of chocolate milk.
- A mutation of an already beautiful specimen, this dark form of Alocasia sarawakensis stands tall and powerful with bold foliage reaching eight feet high and five feet wide.
- The thick chocolate stems from this powerful princess hold her leaves straight and tall all summer like an Indian headdress.
- Yucatan Princess can stand on her own in a large container commanding attention as a garden focal point.
- She also makes friends easily and mixes nicely with other perennials, annuals, and tropicals in any garden setting.
- She doesn’t mind sharing the spotlight with others for she’s confident of who will remain the main attraction.
- Tall and elegant like a Yucatan Princess.
- Keep the soil moist.
- They can also be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- For your own mix try:-
- 50 percent potting soil.
- 20 percent peat moss.
- 20 percent orchid bark with charcoal.
- 10 percent shredded sphagnum moss and a handful of perlite.
- Feed this heavy feeder every three weeks during the warmer months with one half-strength fertilizer with a balanced N-P-K ratio or 20-20-20.
- Plant in full to part shade – a bit of afternoon shade is appreciated
- When making a site selection keep your plant in an area that has bright indirect light, but not direct sunlight.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.