Adenium Obesum in Brown Pot 富贵花 (Desert Rose)
$91.59 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 50cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Known as Fu Gui Hua 富贵花 (wealth plant) in Mandarin, it is a popular pick during the festive period because its swollen basal stem represents wealth and fortune.
- It is believed that the bigger the basal stem is, the more prosperity will be ushered in.
- The Desert Rose is a favorite among botanists but in bonsai form, it is an uncommon delight.
- Adenium is actually fast-growing and easy to grow when given the right conditions and proper care.
- Use a potting mix formulated for cacti or succulents or use regular potting soil mixed with equal parts perlite or sand to ensure the soil is well-draining.
- When repotting desert rose plants, make sure the soil is dry before gently removing the desert rose from its pot.
- Any general-purpose liquid fertilizer will do fine and is available at most garden centers.
- We suggest that fertilizers be used at half their recommended strength.
- Desert rose like bright light, so a southern window exposure provides enough sun for the plants to flourish and bloom.
- In the garden, choose a sunny location that has some protection from the noonday sun, as this can scorch the foliage
- The watering of your bonsai must never be neglected.
- Unlike other bonsai trees, The Desert Rose should be watered every 7 to 10 days.