Guzmania Lingulata Variegated
$68.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- POT SIZE APPROXIMATELY 15cm(Ø) x 17cm(H) x 55cm(Overall Height)
- It comes with a ceramic pot as shown in image
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
- Guzmania lingulata, the droophead tufted airplant or scarlet star, is a species of flowering plant in the family Bromeliaceae.
- Subfamily Tillandsioideae, native to rainforest habitats in Central America, northern and central South America, southern Mexico, and the West Indies.
- It is an evergreen epiphytic perennial and is also known as “pineapple flowers”.
- Pineapple is an auspicious fruit, as it is called 'Ong Lai' in Hokkien, meaning “good fortune arriving”.
- These plants are also relatively easy to maintain.
- It requires a mixture of one part soil to one part pumice or bark to thrive.
- Drainage must be good at all stages of the plant's life.
- Use a balanced fertilizer mix.
- This is to be diluted to half strength and delivered directly to the flower cup as long a the flower is blooming.
- This should be done once a month.
- This plant prefers bright, yet indirect, sunlight at all times.
- The soil must be watered to the point of wet, but never soggy.
- Once it has been watered, allow the soil to dry completely before watering again.