Ficus Benjamina Variegata
$38.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height was measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 50cm for POT SIZE 19cm(Ø)
- Ficus benjamina Variegata is a striking and decorative cultivar of the popular Weeping Fig plant.
- It belongs to the Moraceae family and is native to Southeast Asia and Australia.
- The Variegated Weeping Fig features attractive, variegated leaves with a mix of creamy white and green colors.
- The glossy, elliptical leaves have pointed tips, enhancing the ornamental appeal of the plant.
- Ficus benjamina Variegata is a small to medium-sized tree, but it can also be grown as a compact houseplant or a bushy shrub.
- The variegated foliage adds a touch of elegance and visual interest to any indoor or outdoor space.
- It is valued for its air-purifying properties, contributing to improved indoor air quality when grown as a houseplant.
- The plant prefers bright, indirect light but can tolerate some shade, making it adaptable to different light environments.
- It requires well-draining soil and moderate watering, allowing the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings.
- Regular pruning can help maintain the plant's size and shape, enhancing its appearance as a decorative focal point.
- Ficus benjamina Variegata is a versatile plant, suitable for various indoor settings, such as homes, offices, and commercial spaces.
- While it can be grown outdoors in mild climates, it is commonly cultivated as a houseplant in most regions.
- Ficus benjamina prefers well-draining soil.
- Use a well-balanced potting mix with good drainage.
- The soil should retain some moisture but not become waterlogged.
- Adding organic matter, such as compost, can improve soil quality.
- Ficus benjamina benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season.
- Use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer formulated for indoor plants.
- Apply the fertilizer according to the package instructions, typically every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
- Reduce or suspend fertilization during the winter months.
- Ficus benjamina thrives in bright, indirect light.
- It can tolerate some direct sunlight, especially in the morning or late afternoon.
- Place the plant near a bright window with filtered light, preferably facing east or west.
- Provide some shade during the hottest part of the day, especially in regions with intense sunlight.
- Ficus benjamina has moderate water requirements.
- Keep the soil evenly moist but not overly saturated.
- Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels slightly dry.
- Adjust watering frequency based on the season and environmental conditions.