Fairy Castle Cactus (Cereus Tetragonus)
$9.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 18cm for POT SIZE 9cm(Ø)
- Fairy Castle Cactus, scientifically known as Cereus tetragonus, is an enchanting and unique cactus plant that resembles a miniature castle.
- It is a columnar cactus with multiple upright branches or stems that grow in a clustered and branching pattern, creating a castle-like silhouette.
- The stems of Fairy Castle Cactus are ribbed and have distinct angles, giving them a geometric and architectural appearance.
- This cactus is native to Mexico and is well-adapted to dry and arid environments.
- It typically reaches a height of about 1 to 3 feet (30 to 90 cm), although it can grow taller with proper care and conditions.
- The stems are lined with small, spiny clusters along the ridges, providing a defense mechanism against herbivores.
- Fairy Castle Cactus produces small white or yellow flowers that bloom at night, emitting a subtle fragrance.
- It is a relatively slow-growing plant, making it suitable for small spaces and containers.
- Fairy Castle Cactus thrives in bright sunlight and prefers well-draining soil to prevent root rot.
- It is drought-tolerant and should be watered sparingly, allowing the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- This cactus is a popular choice for desert-themed gardens, succulent arrangements, and cactus collections.
- Fairy Castle Cactus is low-maintenance and requires minimal pruning or attention.
- It is a fascinating and decorative addition to any plant collection, captivating with its whimsical and fairytale-like appearance.
- Fairy Castle Cactus prefers well-draining soil.
- Use a cactus-specific potting mix or create a mixture of equal parts of regular potting soil, coarse sand, and perlite.
- The soil should allow water to pass through quickly and not retain excessive moisture.
- Avoid using heavy or clay-based soils.
- Fairy Castle Cactus requires minimal fertilization.
- Use a diluted, balanced cactus fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer).
- Apply the fertilizer according to the package instructions, typically every 2-3 months.
- Avoid overfertilization, as it can lead to excessive growth and damage the plant.
- Fairy Castle Cactus thrives in bright, indirect light.
- It can tolerate some direct sunlight, especially in the morning or late afternoon.
- Place the plant near a south-facing window or outdoors in a spot with bright, filtered light.
- Provide shade during the hottest part of the day, especially in regions with intense sunlight.
- Fairy Castle Cactus has low water requirements.
- Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Water sparingly, thoroughly saturating the soil and then letting it dry out.
- Adjust watering frequency based on the season and environmental conditions.