$25.00 incl. GST
Isolepis on Angel Shape Ceramic Pot
$40.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 29cm for POT SIZE 7cm(Ø)
- Isolepis, commonly known as fiber optic grass or club rush, is a genus of ornamental grasses that are popular for their unique appearance and texture.
- It features thin, grass-like stems that resemble fiber optic strands, hence the name "fiber optic grass."
- The plant's stems are typically green or golden-yellow, providing a striking contrast to its surroundings.
- Isolepis is known for its compact and clumping growth habit, making it suitable for small gardens, containers, or as a groundcover.
- It is a low-maintenance plant that requires minimal care once established, making it a great choice for beginner gardeners.
- The plant prefers moist to wet soil conditions, making it ideal for water gardens, bog gardens, or areas with poor drainage.
- Isolepis can tolerate both full sun and partial shade, although it generally performs best in partially shaded areas.
- It is a versatile plant that can be used to add interest and texture to garden borders, rock gardens, or along the edges of water features.
- Fiber optic grass is often used in floral arrangements or as a decorative accent in indoor plant displays due to its unique and delicate appearance.
- The plant is considered a perennial, meaning it can survive and regrow for multiple years, providing long-lasting beauty in the landscape.
- Isolepis is generally resistant to pests and diseases, but regular monitoring and proper watering practices can help maintain its health and vitality.
- Isolepis prefers moist, well-draining soil.
- It thrives in soil that is rich in organic matter.
- A soil mix consisting of equal parts peat moss, sand, and loam is ideal for its growth.
- Avoid waterlogged or heavy clay soils.
SHOP MORE > SOIL & PLANTING MEDIA
- Isolepis does not require frequent fertilization.
- Use a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted to half strength or a slow-release fertilizer.
- Apply the fertilizer once every two months during the growing season (spring and summer).
- Avoid overfertilization, as it can cause excessive growth and may harm the plant.
- Isolepis prefers bright, indirect light.
- It can tolerate some morning or late afternoon sun, but direct, intense sunlight should be avoided.
- Provide partial shade, especially during the hottest part of the day.
- Isolepis requires consistently moist soil.
- Water the plant regularly to keep the soil evenly moist, but not waterlogged.
- Avoid allowing the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Mist the foliage with water occasionally to increase humidity.