Chinese Elm Bonsai
$38.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 27cm for POT SIZE 12cm(Ø)
- Chinese Elm Bonsai is a popular choice among bonsai enthusiasts for its elegant appearance and resilience.
- It features small, glossy, and serrated leaves that create a dense canopy, giving the tree a distinctive look.
- The Chinese Elm Bonsai is known for its ability to adapt to various growing conditions, making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor cultivation.
- It is a deciduous tree, meaning it sheds its leaves during the winter months, providing a unique seasonal display in bonsai form.
- The tree's bark develops a textured, mottled appearance as it matures, adding further visual interest to the bonsai.
- Chinese Elm Bonsai is known for its easy maintenance and ability to tolerate beginner mistakes, making it an excellent choice for novice bonsai growers.
- It can be trained in various bonsai styles, including formal upright, informal upright, cascade, and windswept, allowing for creative expression and artistic shaping.
- The tree prefers bright, indirect light when grown indoors, while outdoor cultivation requires a balance of sun and shade.
- Regular watering is essential to keep the soil evenly moist, but care should be taken to avoid overwatering, as excessive moisture can lead to root rot.
- Pruning and shaping should be done during the active growth period to maintain the desired bonsai form. Wiring can be used to guide the branches into the desired position.
- Chinese Elm Bonsai benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season to provide essential nutrients for healthy growth and foliage development.
- It is a long-lived tree with proper care and can bring years of enjoyment as a living work of art in bonsai form.
- Chinese Elm Bonsai prefers well-draining soil with good moisture retention.
- A bonsai-specific soil mix, such as one containing a blend of Akadama, pumice, and lava rock, is recommended.
- The soil should allow for proper aeration and prevent waterlogging.
- Chinese Elm Bonsai benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season (spring to fall).
- Use a balanced, slow-release bonsai fertilizer or organic fertilizer specifically designed for bonsai.
- Apply the fertilizer according to the package instructions, usually every 4-6 weeks.
- Reduce or stop fertilization during the dormant period (winter).
- Chinese Elm Bonsai prefers bright, indirect light.
- It can tolerate some direct sunlight, especially during the morning or late afternoon.
- Avoid intense midday sunlight, which can cause leaf scorching.
- Provide shade during hot summers to protect the tree from excessive heat.
- Chinese Elm Bonsai requires regular watering.
- Water the bonsai thoroughly when the top inch of soil feels dry.
- Avoid overwatering or letting the soil completely dry out, as both can be detrimental to the tree's health.
- Adjust watering frequency based on the season and environmental conditions.