Columnea SP (Flying Goldfish Plant)
$15.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 26cm for POT SIZE 14cm(Ø)
- They are steady growers, but they can be more finicky with their care than other plants from the tropics as these are epiphytes.
- They didn’t evolve to grow in a hanging basket, garden bed, or even soil – goldfish plants naturally grow on top of other plants, usually trees.
- Epiphytes get their nutrients and water from the air and rain so they aren’t parasitic.
- Plant it in rich, fertile, well-draining soil that retains moisture.
- A commercial potting soil specially mixed for African violets works well for the goldfish plant.
- Feed them with a high-phosphorous liquid fertilizer, such as 10-30-10, diluted to half the recommended strength from the spring through the fall.
- Allow it to dry out almost completely in the winter while they prepare to bloom and stop feeding the plants.
- They survive in low light but thrive in bright filtered light.
- Keep peace lilies out of the direct sun so they don't sunburn.
- Plant it in potting soil that contains peat moss.
- In the spring, summer and fall, allow the soil to dry down to a depth of 2 inches between waterings.