$5.00 incl. GST
Malpighia Coccigera 满天星草药 (Singapore Holly)
$18.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 60cm for POT SIZE 24cm(Ø)
- Malpighia coccigera is a species of flowering plant in the family Malpighiaceae, that is native to the Caribbean.
- It is commonly known as Singapore holly or dwarf holly due to the shape of its leaves but is not a true holly.
- It has small shiny-green leaves that have spiny-toothed edges and resembles those of a holly, giving the plant its common names, but in fact, it is not holly or even related.
- Throughout the year light pink, dime-sized flowers are produced sporadically and may be followed by pea-sized red berries.
- Use bonsai soil or a mix of loam, peat moss, and sand at a ratio of 2:1:1.
- The soil should be moisture-retentive and well-drained.
SHOP MORE > SOIL & PLANTING MEDIA
- From spring to autumn feed every three weeks with an organic fertilizer.
- In winter feed every four to six weeks with the same fertilizer.
- Plants can be grown indoors all year but need bright light with protection from the direct sun.
- The soil should be kept evenly moist with rainwater at room temperature.
- Under- or over-watering results in leaf drop.