Chlorophytum Comosum - White Edge (Spider Plant)
$10.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 40cm for POT SIZE 20cm(Ø)
- 20cm for POT SIZE 8cm(Ø)
- Chlorophytum comosum 'White Edge', also referred to as White Edge Spider Plant, is a popular and attractive indoor plant.
- It belongs to the Asparagaceae family and is native to South Africa.
- The plant is known for its arching, grass-like leaves with a central green stripe and distinctive white margins.
- White Edge Spider Plant's foliage creates a striking contrast between the green center and the white edges.
- Similar to other Spider Plant varieties, it produces long, slender stems that bear clusters of small, white, star-shaped flowers.
- After flowering, the plant develops baby plantlets at the end of its stems, giving it its characteristic "spiderettes" or "pups."
- Chlorophytum comosum 'White Edge' is appreciated for its air-purifying abilities, making it a popular choice for indoor environments.
- The plant is relatively low-maintenance and adapts well to a variety of light conditions.
- It prefers bright, indirect light but can tolerate lower light levels, making it suitable for homes, offices, and other spaces.
- The plant's soil should be well-draining, and watering should be done moderately, allowing the top inch of soil to dry between waterings.
- White Edge Spider Plant is often grown in hanging baskets or containers, and its elegant foliage adds a touch of natural beauty to indoor settings.
- Use well-draining potting soil that retains some moisture but doesn't become waterlogged.
- Adding perlite or vermiculite can improve drainage.
- The soil pH should be slightly acidic to neutral, around 6.0 to 7.0.
- Use a balanced, diluted, liquid houseplant fertilizer.
- Apply the fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) every 4-6 weeks.
- Reduce or suspend fertilization during the dormant winter months.
- Chlorophytum comosum 'White Edge' prefers bright, indirect light.
- It can tolerate some direct morning or evening sunlight, but avoid intense midday sun.
- Place the plant near a north or east-facing window or provide filtered light.
- Allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings.
- Water thoroughly when watering, but avoid waterlogging.
- Water less frequently during the dormant winter months.