$15.00 incl. GST
Calathea Makoyana (Peacock Plant)
$25.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 70cm for POT SIZE 14cm(Ø)
- Calathea Makoyana, also known as peacock plant or cathedral windows, is a species of plant belonging to the genus Calathea in the family Marantaceae, native to eastern Brazil.
- It is a beautiful tropical houseplant, famed for its beautiful, contrasting green and purplish-red leaves that will brighten up any indoor living space.
- It has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.
- Well-draining potting mix.
- One part potting soil, two parts peat, and two parts perlite is a good options.
SHOP MORE > SOIL & PLANTING MEDIA
- Fertilize monthly with 1/4 strength water-soluble fertilizer during the growing season.
- Avoid over-fertilizing and flush the soil several times per year.
- In its natural habitat, the Calathea dwells in forest areas shaded by trees without direct sunlight.
- This is why a bright but shaded spot within a warm greenhouse or conservatory suits them very well.
- During the growing season water the plant thoroughly and keep the soil moist (remember this plant loves moisture).
- If you can - use tepid rain or distilled water and avoid cold hard water.