$16.82 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 48cm
- Lipstick plant is a beautiful flowering indoor plant prized for its shiny foliage and interesting flowers.
- It gets its name because the flower buds peek out of dark-colored tubes, looking like a miniature tube of lipstick.
- Lipstick plants don’t require any special soil, and will usually grow just fine in general potting soil.
- But if you tend to over water your houseplants, then I would recommend amending your potting soil with perlite or pumice to add extra drainage.
- Otherwise, it’s best to use a fast draining potting soil, like succulent potting soil (you can also make your own potting mix using my succulent soil recipe). African violet potting soil also would work great for growing lipstick plants.
- Fertilize lipstick plant monthly in spring and summer to help it produce lots of flowers.
- Use any general-purpose houseplant fertilizer.
- Lipstick plant will not bloom without adequate light.
- Avoid placing this plant in full shade or full sun.
- The plant needs bright light for a portion of the day, but not all day long.
- Medium water needs.
- Water lipstick plant enough to keep the soil moist, but not wet or saturated for extended periods.
- Don't let lipstick plant wilt, but also take care not to overwater it.
- If this houseplant stays too wet, it will suffer from root rot.