Homalomena Green Gem
$18.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height was measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 30cm for POT SIZE 14cm(Ø)
- An Emerald Gem plant or Homalomena, native to tropical Asia and South America, is an upright plant with dark green, waxy, spade-shaped leaves.
- Since these plants are usually about 12″-30″ tall, it makes them ideal for areas with height restrictions.
- Although the plant is a relative of the easy-care philodendron, it is a bit more finicky and requires more attention.
- However, if you are tired of the same old houseplants, an Emerald Gem plant makes a nice addition to your plant collection.
- Use a quick-draining, loose soil, containing plenty of peat moss, perlite, and hard sand for an Emerald gem Plant.
- This type of soil helps prevent an Emerald gem Plant from getting root rot.
- Feed them monthly in the spring and summer when the plant is actively growing with a basic houseplant food at 1/2 the recommended strength.
- In the fall and winter fertilize an Emerald Gem Plant every other month if the plant is producing new leaves.
- It requires medium indirect light but grows even better in bright indirect light.
- It can survive in low light but become thin and spindly and the bottom leaves will turn yellow and fall off when there is not enough light.
- It is either over or under watered the bottom leaves fall off.
- Always allow the top 50% of the soil to dry out before watering.
- It doesn’t like anything cold, so use warm water and never dump extra ice cubes into the soil.