Green Shiso 紫苏 (Perilla frutescens var. crispa)
$9.35 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Perilla frutescens var. crispa, also known by its Japanese name Shiso, is a cultigen of Perilla frutescens, a herb in the mint family Lamiaceae.
- Green Shiso is a common herb found in Asian cuisine that has fish.
- It has a preventive effect towards food poisoning and hence it's good to be consumed with raw fish.
- Both the green and the red Shiso have the ability to improve intestine activity.
- Plant it in compost-rich, well-drained soil.
- It prefers a soil pH of 5.5 to 6.5 and will grow in average soil.
- Keep the plant in top form by feeding the plants with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Direct morning sunlight or bright shade, these plants dislike extreme heat please avoid the hot afternoon sun.
- Water when the top 1 inch of soil feels dry, make sure to deeply water each time but remove excess water so as to not drown the roots.