Laksa Leaf 叻沙叶 (Persicaria Odorata)
$8.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 30cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Persicaria is in the family Polygonaceae, collectively known as smartweeds or pinkweeds.
- Above all, the leaf is identified with Vietnamese cuisine, where it is commonly eaten fresh in salads (including chicken salad) and in raw summer rolls (gỏi cuốn), as well as in some soups such as canh chua and bún thang, and stews, such as fish kho tộ.
- It is also popularly eaten with hột vịt lộn (fertilized duck egg).
- In Singapore and Malaysia, the shredded leaf is an essential ingredient of laksa, a spicy noodle soup, so much so that the Malay name daun laksa means "laksa leaf."
- It is best grown in consistently moist to wet, moderately fertile soils.
- Avoid over-fertilizing.
- Fertilize every two weeks with 1 teaspoon of 5-1-1 fish emulsion fertilizer for every gallon of water every two weeks during the growing season.
- Best in part shade, but tolerates full sun as long as ample soil moisture and good air circulation are present.
- The plant should never dry out and grows well even in standing water, often growing in wet pond or stream margins.