Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus)
$11.21 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 70cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The lemongrass cane-like stems base may carry a reddish base.
- Cymbopogon citratus a Southeast Asia native, long grown for commercial use in some countries like Java, Indonesia, India, and Sri Lanka.
- With an exquisite fresh, lemony fragrance that intensifies when you crush or stroke the leaves.
- It also makes an excellent companion to other plants as its vertical form and graceful leaves provide a pleasant contrast to rounded flowers and shrubs.
- As for the soil requirements, choose a well-drained soil (most any bagged soil mix) that will stay moist.
- A loamy soil ensures it is getting what it needs.
- Fertilize lemongrass every couple of weeks during the growing season every couple of weeks with a liquid 20-20-20 plant fertilizer or liquid fish fertilizer.
- It does well with a full day of sun, but a sunny spot with partial shade also does wonders for them.
- Give them 6-8 hours of sun for optimal exposure.
- Do not allow the grass to dry out.
- Watering requirements depend on where the plant’s location – full sunlight and no shade mean the grass will dry out quickly.