Holy Basil 圣罗勒 (Tulsi)
$8.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 30cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Tulsi or holy basil is an incredible herb revered in Indian mythology in Hinduism for its medicinal and spiritual characteristics.
- It is native to India, its spicy and refreshing fragrance and tiny colorful flowers make this a useful houseplant.
- It grows as a perennial plant in areas with mild winter and as an annual in cold and temperate climates.
- Few houseplants can match Tulasi for both beauty and fragrance.
- Tulsi grows well in loamy and fertile soil with good drainage, a pH level around 6 to 7.5 is optimal.
- Apply balanced liquid fertilizer once every couple of weeks.
- Replacing the top two-inch layer of soil with compost every year or in six months is also beneficial.
- Holy basil thrives in full sun but grows in partial shade too, at least four hours of sunlight a day is required.
- Water the plant when the top one inch of soil is dry.
- Do not water during rain. Reduce watering by the winter to prevent diseases.