Culantro 泰国香菜 Thai Parsley (Eryngium Foetidum)
$7.48 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Culantro (Eryngium foetidum) also known as sawtooth coriander, grows similar to lettuce with leaves around a central rosette.
- At the peak of its growth, a culantro plant can be 1 foot tall and the leaves as much as 2 inches wide, and it will produce a blue flower if permitted to bolt.
- Culantro is a member Apiaceae family, which includes carrots, celery, parsley, and parsnip.
- Culantro is used as both a culinary and medicinal herb. In food, the leaves are often added during cooking because it has a very strong flavor and aroma, which diminishes nicely under heat.
- Sharp drainage is important for healthy rue flowers.
- Add sand, perlite, or vermiculite to the soil to help drainage.
- It requires rich soil and high nitrogen fertilizer.
- Full sun to partial shade.
- The leaves grow larger and more tender this way.
- Even though the soil moisture needed for the optimal health of a plant can vary from herb to herb, culantro requires that you keep the soil moist evenly.
- Also, ensure that water is moderate.