Bird Eye Chilli 小辣椒 (Capsicum Annuum)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Bird's eye chili, bird eye chili, bird's chili, or Thai chili is a chili pepper, a variety from the species Capsicum annuum, commonly found in Ethiopia and across Southeast Asia.
- It is often confused with a similar-looking chili derived from the species Capsicum frutescens, the cultivar "siling labuyo".
- Capsicum frutescens fruits are generally smaller and characteristically point to the sky.
- It is used extensively in Thai, Malaysian, Singaporean, Lao, Khmer, Indonesian, Kerala, and Vietnamese cuisines.
- Plant your ornamental peppers in a rich, loamy soil.
- Generous soil amendments of compost and manure will both improve tilth and add trace nutrients for healthier plants.
- It needs no special fertilizer. Just cow dung slurry every fortnight is more than enough for good production.
- Ornamental peppers need full sun for the energy to produce flowers and colorful fruit.
- If you grow these plants indoors, you should use supplemental artificial lighting for healthy plants and good fruiting.
- While ornamental peppers exhibit limited drought tolerance, they do not like to be waterlogged either.
- Water whenever the soil's surface feels dry, and aim for a moisture level like that of a wrung-out sponge.