Mango (Mangifera Indica)
$280.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Mangifera indica, commonly known as mango, is a species of flowering plant in the sumac and poison ivy family Anacardiaceae.
- Mango trees (Mangifera indica) are deep-rooted plants that may become large specimens in the landscape.
- They are evergreen and generally produced off rootstocks that increase the hardiness of the plants.
- Mango trees begin fruit production in three years and form fruit quickly.
- Soil pH 5.5 to 7.5.
- A rich, peat-based potting soil with excellent drainage is beneficial.
- Feed with a weak liquid fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- Cut fertilizer back to once a month or so in the winter.
- Full sun.
- It needs at least six hours of sun per day and preferably eight to 10 hours.
- Water regularly, several times a week in dry weather, but do not leave the plant to sit with "wet feet" in soggy soil.
- The mango plant, like many tropical fruits, thrives in periods of alternating wet and dry.