Davallia fejeensis Fern (Rabbit's Foot)
$10.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY
- 15cm for 10cm(Ø) Pot
- 18cm for 14cm(Ø) Pot
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- The Davallia fejeensis belongs to a genus of 40 plants that are epiphytic in nature, which means they grow on trees or within rock crevices taking moisture and nutrients from other sources "not soil" such as air, rain, trees, and other debris.
- The fejeensis is easily recognizable as a fern because of its fronds (grow upright) that display gauzy or lace-like leaflets.
- The small leaves are attached to a kind of wiry stalks that grow from the visible rhizomes.
- These furry and yellowish-brown rhizomes creep over the pot; they are the main feature of this species.
- It should be grown in a fertilized potting mix.
- Make or buy a fertilized mix which consists of coco peat moss or coconut fiber (coir), vermiculite or perlite, compost, and other ingredients.
- Keep the plant in top form by feeding the plants every few weeks with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Provide indirect bright light - avoiding direct sunlight.
- Direct sunlight will scorch the leaves and turn the rhizomes brown, especially with low humidity levels.
- Keep the potting mix lightly moist at all times.
- This Mediterranean fern needs slightly less water than its rainforest cousins, so take care not to overwater.