Dischidia Nummularia (String of Nickels)
$12.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 15 - 20cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Dischidia is a genus of plants in the family Apocynaceae.
- Dischidia Nummularia is an epiphytic climbing plant that belongs to the genus Dischidia.
- It has tiny, opposite lens-shaped leaves, and is frequently seen on the trunks of trees.
- Dischidia is closely aligned with the sister genus Hoya. Unlike Hoya, the genus Dischidia is poorly known and has not been studied as closely.
- They can be grown in a light, well-drained mix of bark, composted peat, and perlite, or, rather than growing in a pot.
- Epiphytes roots can be wrapped in sphagnum moss and the entire plant can then be mounted onto wood or other surfaces.
- Balanced liquid fertilizer every three months.
- Bright indirect light, or filtered light, works well for this plant.
- A little morning sun also works very well, especially indoors.
- Allow soil to dry between thorough waterings.