Cockscomb 鸡冠花 Celosia Cristata
$25.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 75cm for POT SIZE 26cm(Ø)
- Celosia is an annual plant cultivated for its strange-looking flowers that resemble roosters’ heads, that’s why it is also called cockscomb.
- Cockscomb flowers are also known as Wool Flowers or Brain Celosia, suggestive of a highly colored brain.
- The flowers belong to the amaranth family, Amaranthaceae.
- Cockscomb blooms with a compacted crested head 2-5 inches across, on leafy stems that are 12-28 inches long.
- The flower's name is suggestive of a rooster's comb.
- It would make a great home/office/event decoration this festive season.
- In order to enjoy the bright color of Celosia flowers, they need moist well-drained soil.
- They love organic amendments that improve drainage, as celosia does not like wet conditions.
- A rich soil will support fast growth, before planting add in plenty of manure, organic matter, or compost.
FEEDING / FERTILIZER REQUIREMENT
- Fertilize once a month using nutrient-rich compost or liquid nitrogen fertilizer.
- For best results, plant Celosia in full sun or partial shade (8 hours per day).
- Watering once every 5 to 12 days depending on your climate.
- Water carefully around only the base of the cockscomb so that the stems, leaves, and flowers.
- Do not get splashed with water to prevent marring the flowers and inviting disease to the foliage.