Brain Cactus (Cristata)
$14.02 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 15cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The Brain Cactus, also known as the Mammillaria Elongata ‘Cristata’ cactus, is native to central Mexico.
- It’s a rare form of the Mammillaria Elongata cactus and has a unique, crested shape.
- Its growth pattern kind of looks like worms or brains, which is how it got the nickname Brain Cactus.
- The best cactus soil is one that drains quickly and thoroughly, such as a commercial succulent soil or a homemade soil mix composed of 3 parts potting soil, 2 parts sand, and 1 part perlite or pumice.
- Fertilize a brain cactus about once a month during the growing season in the spring and summer using a water-soluble cactus fertilizer.
- Like most cacti, the brain cactus likes bright, direct sunlight.
- However, to prevent scorching, do not leave it in the hot summer sunshine for more than four hours.
- Most cacti don’t require a lot of water, and the brain cactus is no exception.
- Excess water can get in the folds of the crests and quickly rot it, so be careful when watering.