Bonsai Concave Branch Cutter 銀峰 Yagimitsu (JAPAN)
$88.00 incl. GST
- The concave cutter, or Mataeda Hasami, is used to cut off whole branches of a bonsai tree.
- The slightly curved cutting area leaves a clean cut that will heal itself nicely.
- This cutter is designed to prune entire branches and comes in a variety of sizes and quality classes.
- You can consider the concave cutter as one of the “heavy” tools in bonsai.
- You won’t need this bad boy during smaller pruning sessions.
- DO USE IT if you want to cut off bigger and/or entire branches.
- The concave cutter is especially useful when you want to prune a branch close to the trunk and don’t want scar tissue to form in the place of the cut.
- Of course, there are no guarantees, but using the concave cutter will leave a clean cut that can heal easily, leaving little to no scar.
- DO NOT USE the concave cutter if you are looking to create scar tissue on branches or the trunk of your bonsai tree.
- Also, don’t attack the smaller twigs and branches with this tool.
- You are more likely to hurt the tree or yourself than when you use a smaller branch cutter or scissors.