Begonia Burning Bush
$16.82 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 35-38cm
- Begonia amphioxus is an exotic terrestrial plant, popular for its admirable foliage.
- This evergreen Malaysian native plant has elongated leaves pointed at both ends.
- These leaves are green with maroon or burgundy spots and margins.
- The unusual shape, colors, and spotted patterns of leaves make the plant look heavenly.
- It prefers light, rich soil.
- When planting directly in the ground, a moist, well-drained location is optimal and mulch will keep the roots shaded.
- In pots, be sure to provide drainage holes.
- A peat-based potting mix is ideal for containers.
- Fertilize in the spring when new growth starts to appear.
- Feed every two weeks with a balanced plant food diluted to ¼ the recommended strength.
- Feed less in the fall and not at all in the winter.
- It requires a bright but lightly shaded spot, well away from the direct glare of the sun.
- Water freely between spring and autumn, allowing the pot to drain well after each watering.
- In winter, reduce watering but do not allow the compost to completely dry out.