Begonia Maculata (Polka Dot Begonia)
$37.38 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 40cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Begonia maculata, or Polka Dot begonia as it’s often called, is a splashy show-stopper that looks fantastic with its olive-green leaves and contrasting spots.
- It’s a houseplant that is likely to turn heads in your home, and thankfully it isn’t too difficult to care for.
- The plant’s exotic look has many moving parts: silver polka dots that seem painted on olive-colored leaves, crimson-colored undersides, and sprays of open bell-like red or white flowers with bright yellow centers on bamboo-looking knotty stems.
- If you’re looking for something unusual that attracts attention, this over-the-top begonia is a great choice.
- A light houseplant potting mix is ideal.
- Add perlite if drainage is insufficient.
- Balanced, water-soluble fertilizer is applied every 2-4 weeks when the plant is actively growing.
- Bright, indirect light.
- Higher light levels will promote strong growth and blooms, but avoid direct sunlight.
- Keep the soil generally moist, letting the top half-inch of soil dry out between watering.
- Will not tolerate soggy soil.