Begonia Rex Vine (Cissus Discolor)
$16.82 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 55cm-65cm
- Cissus discolor comes from the island of Java, where it’s found growing in the warm tropical rain forests.
- Thanks to its large, striking leaves and climbing growth, Cissus discolor has become a popular houseplant.
- It grows well in containers, in a hanging basket, or along trellises.
- The plant belongs to the Vitaceae (grape) family and the genus Cissus, which includes 350 species of woody vines.
- Due to the interesting pattern on the wide, long leaves, people commonly call the plant the rex begonia vine.
- It features large leaves with showy patterns resembling the various hybrids of painted leaf Begonia.
- African Violet ready-made potting soil works well.
- Otherwise use a rich soilless well-draining potting mix.
- Fertilize every three to four weeks during these seasons.
- Wait for the soil to dry out and don't fertilize.
- As this plant requires high humidity, misting helps keep the plant healthy.
- The begonia vine needs bright light and warmth.
- Water the plant regularly during the active growth period of the spring and summer.
- Don't allow the soil to dry out completely.