Asplenium Antiquum (Birdnest Fern)
$15.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 30cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Asplenium (Bird's Nest Fern) is a tropical plant native to SE Asia and the Pacific.
- A genus of about 700 species of ferns, often treated as the only genus in the family Aspleniaceae.
- Though other authors consider Hymenasplenium separate, based on molecular phylogenetic analysis of DNA sequences, a different chromosome count, and structural differences in the rhizomes.
- Plant in loose, rich organic compost or a peat-based potting mix.
- A mixture of two parts peat and one part perlite would work well.
- During the growing season (April through September), fertilize about once a month with weak liquid fertilizer.
- Don't put fertilizer pellets in the central cup or "nest."
- These plants need filtered light to light shade.
- Don't expose to direct sun other than the very early morning sun.
- Keep their compost moist, but don't let the plant become soggy.
- Water the soil rather than the plant.