Anthurium Andraeanum 火鹤花 ORANGE (Flamingo Flower)
$20.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 35cm for POT SIZE 14cm(Ø)
- Anthurium is a genus of more than 800 species found in the New World tropics from Mexico to northern Argentina and Uruguay.
- The Anthurium is also known as Painted Tongue, Flamingo Flower (Flamingo Lily), or Tail Flower.
- Anthuriums are grown for their brightly colored flower spathes and their ornamental leaves.
- The flower has a spadix called the rat's tail that tapers off from the flower, giving it its characteristic appearance.
- Anthuriums prefer a mix suited for epiphytes. Something which is coarse, porous & rich.
- Use 1/2 peat moss or coco coir & 1/2 orchid bark; cymbidium orchid mix.
- Phosphorous is the middle number so it’s best to have that be the highest number when it comes to anthuriums.
- Don’t over-fertilize your anthuriums because salts build up & can burn the roots of the plant.
- They prefer moderate or medium-light & need this exposure to bloom.
- If the light is too strong (like a hot, west exposure close to a window), your plant will burn.
- The more light & warmth, the more often yours will need watering.
- Because they’re epiphytes, don’t keep your anthurium constantly wet.