Alocasia Macrorrhizos 'Stingray'
$48.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 48cm for Pot Size 26cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- The distal part of the leaf is reduced to a thin pointed midrib, resembling the tail of a stingray.
- An unusual variety with large ribbed leaves in the shape of a stingray; elegant as a large accent or screening.
- Stingray features solitary conical creamy white hooded flowers with white centers rising above the foliage in mid-summer.
- Its attractive large glossy fan-shaped leaves remain dark green in color throughout the year.
- It thrives in loose, porous, well-drained soils.
- It can also be mix with compost.
- When the plant's actively growing, boost the soil's fertility by adding some compost, scratching it carefully into the top inch or two of soil without disturbing the plant's roots.
- Feed the plant every two or three weeks with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer such as a 10-10-10 formula, diluted at a rate of 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water.
- Protect it from too much sun (which could scorch its leaves) on hot summer days and, by moving the container into a partially shaded area, such as under tall trees.
- Keep an indoor-grown plant in a spot that gets filtered light, such as near a lightly curtained south- or west-facing window.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.