$28.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 38cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- A true jewel among Alocasias, with its elongated, embossed foliage, Alocasia Scalprum A.Hay a tuberous, herbaceous species.
- The leaf blades similar in shape to a sharp dagger, the established blades are dark green with a tinge of blue while the newly emerged foliage is a much lighter, lush green.
- Intricate venation pattern, once mature the leaves are thick and rubbery.
- It thrives in loose, porous, well-drained soils.
- They can also be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- When the plant's actively growing, boost the soil's fertility by adding some compost, scratching it carefully into the top inch or two of soil without disturbing the plant's roots.
- Feed the plant every two or three weeks with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer such as a 10-10-10 formula, diluted at a rate of 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water.
- Protect it from too much sun (which could scorch its leaves) on hot summer days and, by moving the container into a partially shaded area, such as under tall trees.
- Keep an indoor-grown plant in a spot that gets filtered light, such as near a lightly curtained south- or west-facing window.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.