Alocasia 'Hilo Beauty'
Limited special offer
$43.55 $63.55 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 40cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- A camouflage-like pattern of greens and light yellows with bluish-black stems.
- The enormous tropical foliage of these plants will provide a bold accent in your garden or patio containers.
- A top choice for containers where the markings on its heart-shaped leaves can be appreciated up close, Hilo Beauty has become very popular in recent years.
- Lots of irregularly shaped chartreuse spots and bluish-black stems account for its appeal.
- They can also be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- One part coarse potting sand or perlite, one part peat, and part soil are used to make the potting soil.
- When the plant's actively growing, boost the soil's fertility by adding some compost, scratching it carefully into the top inch or two of soil without disturbing the plant's roots.
- Feed the plant every two or three weeks with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer such as a 10-10-10 formula, diluted at a rate of 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water.
- Protect it from too much sun (which could scorch its leaves) on hot summer days and, by moving the container into a partially shaded area, such as under tall trees.
- Keep an indoor-grown plant in a spot that gets filtered light, such as near a lightly curtained south- or west-facing window.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.