$15.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30cm.
- The Alocasia polly, also known as the African Mask Plant, is native to subtropical Asia and Australia.
- This plant appreciates a bright and humid environment in the home or office.
- Its dark green leaves are shaped like an arrowhead with highly defined silvery green veins
- Proper Alocasia plant care begins with the soil.
- It needs to be porous and a recommended mix would be one part soil, one part perlite or coarse potting sand and one part peat.
- The potting mixture must be well aerated, well drained, and yet remain moist.
- For best results, use a general houseplant fertilizer every four weeks during the spring and summer.
- No fertilizer is necessary during the winter months when plant growth naturally slows.
- Only apply fertilizer to damp soil–never dry, as it can burn the roots.
- Medium Light.
- This plant will do best in a bright location with mostly indirect light.
- Water the Alocasia Polly often enough to keep the soil consistently moist.
- The exact watering schedule depends on the time of year and current climate.
- For example, it might be necessary to water your Polly every one or two days during the dry heat in the summer, but only every few weeks during the rainy season.