Ponytail Palm (Beaucarnea recurvate Lem.)
$14.02 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 20-22cm
- Beaucarnea recurvata, the elephant's foot or ponytail palm, is a species of plant in the family Asparagaceae, native to the states of Tamaulipas, Veracruz, and San Luis Potosí in eastern Mexico.
- Despite its common name, it is not closely related to the true palms.
- Like most succulents, the ponytail palm prefers dry soil conditions and therefore does not need to be watered very often.
- In fact, overwatering is the primary reason why these plants fail to thrive.
- To water ponytail palms correctly, you should allow their soil to dry out between waterings.
- Use an organic liquid fertilizer or a chemical fertilizer diluted to 1/2 strength.
- Ponytail Palms should be fertilized once or twice per month during the growing season and once a month in the winter.
- The Ponytail Palm technically needs bright light and can tolerate full sun most of the day.
- However, this plant is so forgiving that it will be perfectly happy if you give it low light half the year and bright sunlight the other half.
- Since this plant is a succulent, it's best to keep it in semi-dry conditions.
- Let the soil dry out completely in between waterings—perhaps watering once every 2-3 weeks.
- Water sparingly in the winter months.
- As with most succulents, your Ponytail Palm will thrive in dry conditions.