Citrus Limon 'Lisbon Lemon' (Japan)
$68.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 50cm for POT SIZE 16cm(Ø)
- Citrus limon 'Lisbon Lemon' is a popular and widely cultivated lemon tree variety.
- It belongs to the Rutaceae family and is known for its juicy and tangy fruit.
- 'Lisbon Lemon' is a medium-sized evergreen tree that can reach a height of 10 to 20 feet (3 to 6 meters) with a similar spread.
- The tree produces glossy, dark green leaves that emit a pleasant citrus fragrance when crushed.
- It is a highly productive lemon tree that bears abundant fruit, making it a favorite among home gardeners and commercial growers.
- The fruit of 'Lisbon Lemon' is medium-sized with a thick, rough, and bumpy rind, typical of lemons.
- The lemons are juicy and acidic, making them ideal for culinary use, such as in cooking, baking, and making refreshing beverages.
- 'Lisbon Lemon' trees require full sun exposure and well-draining soil for optimal growth and fruit production.
- They are relatively low-maintenance and can be grown in containers or planted directly in the ground.
- The trees are suitable for USDA zones 9 to 11, where the climate is mild and frost-free.
- Citrus limon 'Lisbon Lemon' is a delightful addition to home orchards, edible landscapes, and gardens, providing fresh and flavorful lemons for various culinary purposes.
- Citrus limon 'Lisbon Lemon' prefers well-draining soil.
- Use a loamy or sandy soil mix with good drainage.
- The soil should be slightly acidic to neutral, with a pH of 5.5 to 7.0.
- Adding organic matter, such as compost, can improve soil fertility.
- Citrus limon 'Lisbon Lemon' benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season.
- Use a balanced, citrus-specific fertilizer or a fertilizer with a higher nitrogen content.
- Apply the fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the active growth period, typically in spring and summer.
- Reduce or suspend fertilization during the plant's dormant winter months.
- Citrus limon 'Lisbon Lemon' thrives in full sun.
- It requires at least 8 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Place the plant in a sunny location, such as a south or west-facing area.
- Citrus limon 'Lisbon Lemon' has moderate water requirements.
- Keep the soil evenly moist, especially during the growing season.
- Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels slightly dry.
- Reduce watering during the plant's dormant winter months, allowing the soil to dry out more between waterings.