Lemon Myrtle 檸檬香桃 (Backhousia Citriodora)
$80.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 75cm for POT SIZE 15cm(Ø)
- Lemon Myrtle is sometimes referred to as the “Queen of the Lemon Herbs”.
- It boasts an intensely citrus fragrance and flavor and has long been used in Aboriginal cuisine and medicine.
- Undoubtedly the most popular of Australia’s native herbs, Lemon Myrtle’s fresh tangy leaves may be used in teas, syrups, glazes, cakes, biscuits, dressings, sauces, ice creams, dips, and meat dishes.
- The essential oil distilled from the leaves has a refreshing lemony scent and has been found to have antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- It grows where a natural layer of leaf mold in the jungle keeps plants nourished.
- Good drainage is also important.
- They are light feeders.
- You can place a handful of timed-release fertilizer in the planting hole to help plants get established; they don't need further feeding.
- Grows best in full sun, but can also thrive under part shade or full shade.
- It likes the regular rainfall they receive in the jungle, so you should try to replicate this with irrigation when rain is scarce.
- Keep the surface of the soil moist, and use mulch to keep the roots cool and moist.