$44.86 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30-32cm
- Philodendron narrow escape is also known as "Tiger tooth" due to the leaves' jagged edges.
- Perfect for a corner with low light and will forgive you if you forget to water.
- A rainforest regular hailing originally from South America and it really brings a touch of the exotic!
- Brighten up dreary days by looking at your Philodendron and imagining hot, moist heat and birds screeching, let yourself be carried away to the jungle!
- These plants aren’t hard to look after, they will thrive in the shade which makes them ideal if you have no experience of looking after houseplants.
- It also means they aren’t hard to situate in your home, they will love any corner of any room really, in the sun or in the shade.
- Philodendrons would make a great houseplant gift for friends or family - surprise them with rainforest style!
- Low-maintenance and an excellent choice for anyone new to growing houseplants.
- This plant will thrive as long as it's water only when it's completely dry and kept in a warm and sunny spot.
- It flourishes in a well-drained moist soil thoroughly mixed with organic content such as peat moss, compost, etc.
- You might want to ask what well-drained soil is.
- Well-drained soil is soil that allows the flow of water in or out at a moderate rate.
- When the plant’s soil is saturated with excess water, it reduces the oxygen intake of the plant from the soil, which may result in its death.
- For your indoor planting, it is not recommended to use soil from the garden, if you look forward to a good result.
- Soil from the garden might contain disease organisms, weeds seeds and may not be well-drained soil.
- That said, you could use high-quality potting soil that is well-draining.
- Good drainage is key for the well-being of Philodendrons.
- However, you should not just use a regular potting mix.
- You should add some more ingredients, eg.30%-50% potting mix, and then for the rest of the soil, add perlite and orchid bark.
- Feed philodendron houseplants with a balanced liquid foliage houseplant fertilizer that contains macro-nutrients.
- Water the plant with the fertilizer monthly in spring and summer and every six to eight weeks in fall and winter.
- Slow growth and small leaf size is the plant’s way of telling you that it isn’t getting enough fertilizer.
- Pale new leaves usually indicate that the plant isn’t getting enough calcium and magnesium, which are essential micro-nutrients for philodendrons.
- It requires mild sunlight to thrive.
- Filtered sunlight is most desirable.
- Direct exposure to sunlight will lead to the burning of leaves.
- The beauty of a Philodendron the intensity of the color variation of its leaves.
- When planted in a shady environment for 2 to 3 months, it loses its color variation and hence loses its beauty.
- However, the white portion of the leaves is susceptible to sunlight.
- When exposed to intense direct sunlight, it burns off quickly.
- It is a water-loving plant.
- Watering should be done with a moderate amount of water.
- You must ensure the plant’s soil is moist at all times.
- Watering with excessive water must be avoided to prevent killing the plant.
- When the plant’s soil is excessively watered or saturated with water, it reduces the rate of oxygen intake by the plate from the soil.
- It could lead to the rotting of the plant root, which is the most critical and crucial part of a plant.
- When the roots are rotten, the plant will be nutrient deficient and, in the long run, will lead to the death of the plant when not properly cared for.
- This can be done by feeling the soil texture with your fingers.
- If the soil contains some moisture, it will stick on the fingers, but when it doesn’t, it will fall off.
- After this has been done and it was confirmed that water moisture is present, you can postpone the watering of the plant.
- Otherwise, you water it at the very moment.