Ravenala Madagascariensis (Traveller's Palm)
$44.86 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 70cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Ravenala is a genus of flowering plants with a single species, Ravenala madagascariensis, commonly known as the traveler's tree, traveler's palm, or East-West palm, from Madagascar.
- It is not a true palm but a member of a monocotyledonous flowering plant family, Strelitziaceae.
- Prefers moist but well-drained soil.
- A 3-inch layer of mulch will help to maintain soil moisture and studies have shown that mulched plants grow faster than non-mulched plants.
- Feed travelers palm plants once in spring, summer, and autumn, using a fertilizer formulated for tropical plants or palms.
- A good, all-purpose fertilizer is also acceptable.
- This tree loves a sunny spot, faring best when exposed to full sun.
- Check the soil moisture with your finger.
- If the top 2-4” (5-10cm) of soil is dry, or plants are wilted, it is time to water.