Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea Seifrizii)
$78.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 120cm for Pot Size 35cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- This decorative palm is rightfully very popular as both an indoor and outside plant, growing well directly in the soil, in outdoor container pots, and inside homes.
- Native to forests in Mexico, Guatemala, and Honduras, it can now be often seen across Florida and Hawaii, where it is commonly cultivated.
- The bamboo palm is an especially good choice for a houseplant, not only because it is very attractive and quite undemanding in terms of care, but also because it rates highly on NASA’s list of air-purifying plants.
- These plants were found to filter harmful toxins from the air, such as formaldehyde, resulting in cleaner and healthier air to breathe in.
- Chamaedorea seifrizii palms grow best in moist, humus-rich, well-drained soils.
- They need mildly acidic to mildly alkaline soil for healthy growth.
- Use a fertilizer that is high in nitrogen, as this will encourage lush leaf growth.
- Liquid fertilizer formulated for houseplants is generally considered the best all-round option, as it is easy to dilute and easy to use.
- Bright, indirect light will help the bamboo plant to grow slightly faster, though it will never be a particularly quick-growing plant.
- It does not need a lot of light to thrive.
- The bamboo palm plant likes to have consistently moist soil, but should never be allowed to sit in wet or soggy soil.
- You should aim to water your bamboo palm in a way that will keep the soil at a level of moisture that is only just perceptible in order to avoid overwatering and causing root rot.