Angelonia Angustifolia 'Purple' (Summer Snapdragon)
$9.35 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 38cm
- The plants are called Summer Snapdragons because they produce a profusion of flowers that resemble small snapdragons all summer, and in warm climates, the flowering continues into fall.
- An Angelonia plant grows about 18 inches (45.5 cm.) tall, and some people think the fragrant foliage smells like apples.
- The flowers bloom on upright spikes at the tips of the main stems.
- Species flowers are bluish-purple and cultivars are available in white, blue, light pink, and bicolor.
- They are tolerant of a wide variety of soils, but soil rich in organic matter will reduce watering and fertilizing chores.
- Plants need good drainage to prevent root rot, so if you have heavy clay consider growing angelonia in raised beds or containers.
- Keep your plant in top form by feeding it every week with dilute solution of liquid fertilizer or sprinkling solid fertilizer over the soil.
- Give them a full day of sun to provide the energy plants need to bloom continuously.
- Water when soil feels dry to touch, do not overwater.