Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
$7.48 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Thymus vulgaris is a species of flowering plant in the mint family Lamiaceae, native to southern Europe from the western Mediterranean to southern Italy.
- A low-growing hardy perennial, thyme is a fragrant herb with small, fragrant leaves and thin, woody stems.
- They are both fragrant ornamental types as well as culinary thyme varieties which add a savory note to summer soups, grilled meats, and vegetables.
- Suitable for: light (sandy) and medium (loamy) soils, prefers well-drained soil, and can grow in nutritionally poor soil.
- Avoid too much nitrogen.
- If planted in fertile soil, perhaps with an organic time-release fertilizer, thyme should not need additional feeding.
- Thyme does best in full sun.
- Plants will prefer to be slightly dry rather than over-watered so you only need to give them a drink in very hot weather.