Cinnamon Basil (Ocimum Basilicum)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Cinnamon basil plants thrive when temperatures are in the 80’s and ’90s (27-32 C. or more.).
- Cinnamon basil plants contain cinnamite, a compound that gives the herb an intense, spicy aroma and cinnamon-like flavor.
- Cinnamon basil is sometimes used medicinally and is said to be good for maladies such as constipation, headaches, cough, and diarrhea.
- It contains vitamins A and C and provides a generous amount of vitamin K.
- Basil does its best in well-drained, moist soil with a neutral pH.
- In fact, if the soil is too rich, basil loses some of its flavor intensity.
- Fertilize once every four to six weeks for indoor plants and every two to three weeks for basil grown outdoor.
- Use a water-soluble fertilizer mixed at half strength.
- Basil grows best with at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day.
- With proper sunlight, your plant will be big and beautiful for several months of the year.
- Water regularly – basil likes to stay moist and requires approximately 1 inch of water every week.
- Water deeply at least once a week to keep roots growing deep and the soil moist.