Stevia Rebaudiana 甜菊草
$8.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 25cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Stevia is a sweetener and sugar substitute derived from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana, native to Brazil and Paraguay.
- Also known as “sweet leaf” or “sweet herb”, stevia has zero calories and no impact on blood glucose levels.
- It is native to the altitudes of Paraguay and Brazil in South America and has been used as a sweetener for hundreds of years.
- Unlike some artificial sweeteners, the sweetness of stevia is stable in high temperatures.
- Well-drained soil or potting mix.
- Consistent soil moisture and organic mulch can help keep soil moisture even.
- Compost or organic matter in the soil – skip the chemical fertilizers, which can cause lush growth with lower amounts of sweetness.
- Over fertilized plants are also more prone to disease.
- Full sun, with over 15 hours of light preferred to maximize vegetative growth.
- In areas with hot summers, light afternoon shade is beneficial.
- Water once the top inch of soil becomes dry, but don't let the soil become soggy.